Flexible Learning That Enhances Your Potential
Diploma in Hotel Management **
The Hospitality industry comprises various categories within the service industry, including lodging, food, travel and tourism, event planning, and related business areas that make up the industry.
Graduates of the Diploma in Hotel Management will be able to demonstrate an advanced knowledge of food & beverage, housekeeping, front offices, and the general operation of hotels and resorts. An important aspect of the programme is the internship, whereby you will have an opportunity for hands-on experience at hotels and resorts to applying what you have learned in the classroom to practical use.
** indicates that these programmes will be offered at the end of 2023
This programme is designed, delivered, assessed and awarded by SEGi University through the Africa Open Learning Platform.
- DHHT1113 Introduction to Hospitality & Tourism Industry
- AWS3013 General Language Training
- DHFN1124 Food Nutrition, Hygiene & Sanitation
- DHBC1134 Basic Cookery 1
- DHEM1214 Event Management
- AWS3023 Academic English
- DHHR1314 Human Resource Management
- DHHT1323 Hotel Technopreneurship
- DHPM1333 Principles of Marketing
- DIF1343 Introductory French
- DHPM1353 Principles of Management
- DHPC2114 Purchasing, Cost & Control
- DHSQ2123 Service Quality Management
- DHRM2134 Restaurant Management
- DHHL2143 Hospitality & Tourism Law
- DHFM2154 Financial Management
- DHF02214 Front Office Operation
- DHHK2224 Housekeeping Operation
- DHFB2234 Food & Beverage Operation
- DHFB2244 Basic Cookery 2
- DHBC2244 Internship
With a great understanding of the hospitality industry through this programme, you can excel in areas such as hotels, restaurants, catering, retailing, airlines, and cruise industry.