Flexible Learning That Enhances Your Potential
Africa Open Learning Online Courses Technical Requirements
All online courses have the following technical requirements, in addition to specific requirements listed in the course description:
- A computer with broadband internet access and a current web browser.
- A headset, speakers, and a microphone, plus common tools such as Zoom, allow interaction with faculty and students.
- Students use their own public email addresses. Additional plug-ins may need to be installed to support videos and submission of work, assignments & tests.
We recommend a minimum of broadband connection (5mbps or faster) to run the Africa Open Learning website or program. To run a speed test, visit speedtest.net.
Computer Hardware & Web Browsers
- Devices on Windows 10, MacOS Mojave and above, or iOS 9.0 and above, Android 4.1 and above.
- Current supported web browsers, including:
- Chrome v80 and above;
- Firefox Mozilla v54 and above;
- Microsoft Edge 86 and above
- Safari v13 and above
- Enable cookies.
- Allow pop-up windows.
- Allow plug-ins when needed.
- Adobe Reader – other PDF viewers may not be supported.
- Blackboard Learning Management System – a repository of class materials.
- Online e-Proctoring software – online exam by verifying test takers' identities, locking down web browsers and monitoring students’ behaviour remotely throughout the test. You will need:
- to have a desktop computer or laptop with a camera that is able to be moved to scan the room.
- A microphone to communicate with the proctor.
- A stable high-speed internet connection, and a quiet, private room to test in.
- and your valid government-issued photo ID or passport.
- Software required by the faculty will be updated for the students during the course registration.