Flexible Learning That Enhances Your Potential
Micro-Credential in Basic Cookery 2 DHBC2244 (DiHM) **
In this programme, students are introduced to the basics of Food Production as a general with an emphasis on professional culinary for all kitchen skills and techniques. Topics include types of food, products, sauces, soups, vegetables, potatoes, main ingredients, presentation on plate decorating, fruit carving, cheese platter and buffet display.
This programme is designed, delivered, assessed and awarded by SEGi University through the Africa Open Learning Platform.
Entry Requirements - No
Min. Age Requirement - 19 Years Old and Above
Language Proficiency - Yes
Numeracy Proficiency - No
Prerequisites - No
- Introduction of Food Production
- French Cuisine (Table D’hôte)
- American & Latin American Cuisine (Table D’hôte)
- Scandinavian Cuisine (Table D’hôte)
- Ala Carte Food
- Preparation of Variety Cold Composed Salad & Dressings such as: Produce Mayonnaise, Mustard, Relish, Cold Sauces & Dressing
- Asian Continents (Table D’hôte)
- Decorative Fruit & Vegetable Carving
- African & Caribbean Continents
- Display Buffet Decoration & Presentation
Test - 20%
Industry Assessment - 40%
Practical Examination - 40%
With a great understanding of the hospitality industry through this programme, you can excel in areas such as hotels, restaurants, catering, retailing and the cruise industry.