Flexible Learning That Enhances Your Potential
Master of Accountancy **
The Master of Accountancy programme aims to equip students with the understanding and skills required by the industry and the public sector. The programme is targeted at professionals who are accounting practitioners and administrative supporters in an organisation. Through the specialisation module offered, this programme emphasises the aspects of accounting practitioners. Furthermore, accounting knowledge is an important foundation in the formation of organisational governance.
Programme Advantages :
- Involvement of industry practitioners in teaching courses offered.
- Courses offered include theoretical elements, applications and skills consistent with the market and industry needs.
- Structured learning helps students graduate in a timely manner (GOT).
This programme is designed, delivered, assessed and awarded by SEGi University through the Africa Open Learning Platform.
i. Bachelor’s Degree – in accounting or related field with a min. CGPA of 2.75
ii. Bachelor’s Degree – in accounting or related field not meeting a CGPA of 2.75 but above a CGPA of 2.50 can be accepted, subject to rigorous internal assessment
iii. Bachelor’s Degree – in accounting or a related field below a CGPA of 2.50 can be accepted, subject to a min. 5 years of working experience in the relevant field
iv. Relevant professional accounting qualifications equivalent to a Bachelor’s Degree
v. Other qualifications that are equivalent to a Bachelor’s Degree with a min. CGPA of 2.75
vi. IELTS 5.5 is required if the applicant's prior education was not delivered in English.
- ACC6014 Advanced Corporate Reporting
- ACC6024 Advanced Management Accounting
- ACC6114 Accounting Theory & Policy
- ACC6414 Issues in Auditing & Assurance
- ACC6513 Taxation
- ACC6214 Risk Management & Governance
- ACC6314 Advanced Financial Management
- ACC6324 Accounting Research Method
- ACC6333 Master Project / Applied Research Paper
Master of Accountancy (MA) is a specialisation programme that focuses on the various aspects of accounting. An MA degree can help you launch a progressive career in the business domain and increase your brand value before potential recruiters.