Flexible Learning That Enhances Your Potential
Micro-credential certification in Technology in Education (BEd)
This course aims to equip students with the basic knowledge and skills to integrate effectively various technology and media into the teaching and learning process. An overview of the various theories of educational technology, media commonly used and the selection of suitable media in the classroom is discussed, together with their advantages and limitations. Students will be given hands-on experience in producing visual, audio, video and computer-aided instructional materials as well as to demonstrate how they can be integrated into the teaching and learning process. Current and future trends in using instructional technology and media for learning are also discussed.
This programme is designed, delivered, assessed and awarded by SEGi University through the Africa Open Learning Platform.
- Technology in Education: An Overview
- Learning Strategies
- The Instructional Design (ID Model)
- Distance Education:Outside the Brick and Mortar
- Online Learning: Ubiquitous
- Blended/Hybrid Learning
- Instructional Materials and Displays: Using Technology & Media to Engage Learners
- Visuals: Enhancing Learning with Visuals
- Audio and Video: Enhancing Listening and Learning with Moving Images
- Be Empowered with accesible digital platform
- Contempories Issues & New Trends on Educational Technology
Project & Presentation 1 - 20%
Project & Presentation 2 - 30%
Take-home Assignment - 40%
- Bachelor of Education (Honours)
- Master of Education by Research
- Master of Education by Coursework
School leavers who want to get a head start before joining an academic programme or a working adults who want to upskill or learn a specific skill; work with rapidly changing technology; and/or acquire specialised skills sought after by employers.