Flexible Learning That Enhances Your Potential
Micro-credential certification in Planning and Organising Supportive Learning Environments (BEd)
This course presents an introduction to the theory and practice of developing effective learning environments for students. The effective learning environments is characterized by flexibility and responsiveness to the students and planned in relation to a range of ecological and educational consideration. The organization of a learning environment, including not only physical issues but also interpersonal issues, is modified regularly in response to the current interests and progress of students and the needs of staff and parents.
This programme is designed, delivered, assessed and awarded by SEGi University through the Africa Open Learning Platform.
- Supportive learning environment
- Action planning
- Creating a school/community team
- Research based elements of supportive learning environments
- Establishing a common vision
- Designing learning spaces
- Establishing and maintaining a safe and supportive classroom learning environment
- Role and impact of stimulating learning environment
- Establishing effective learning environments in classroom and non-classroom settings
- Meeting student’s needs for a positive classroom environment
- Creating school cultures that embrace learning
Coursework 1 - 30%
Coursework 2 -30%
Quiz - 10%
Report - 30%
- Bachelor of Education (Honours)
- Master of Education by Research
- Master of Education by Coursework
School leavers who want to get a head start before joining an academic programme or a working adults who want to upskill or learn a specific skill; work with rapidly changing technology; and/or acquire specialised skills sought after by employers.