Flexible Learning That Enhances Your Potential
Micro-credential certification in IT Application in Accounting ACC4104 (DIA)
This course deals with the advanced features of spreadsheet software and accounting software package. The applications of spreadsheet in the area of Financial Accounting, Management Accounting and Financial Management are introduced. This course also provides instructions on how to set up computerized accounting information system for businesses. The coverage includes using General Ledger and Financial Reporting System to set up accounting records, recording the business transactions and printing financial reports. The syllabus will also cover the computer based transaction processing and accounting records. This course will expose the student with the risk exposures in Computer Based Information Systems (CBIS), what are the Internal Control Structure (ICS), security measures in CBIS and data coding in computer-based systems.
This programme is designed, delivered, assessed and awarded by SEGi University through the Africa Open Learning Platform.
- Introduction to Accounting Information System (AIS)
- Controlling The Computer Based Information System (CBIS)
- Sql Accounts
- Overview of Microsoft Excel 2000 Functions And Key Applications
- Excel Application In Financial Accounting
- Excel Application In Management Accounting
- Excel Application In Financial Management
Assignment 1 - 20%
Assignment 2 - 30%
Final Examination - 50%
- Diploma in Accounting
- Bachelor of Accounting & Finance (BAF)
- Bachelor of Business Management(BBM)
Equip students with a comprehensive understanding of various essential aspects and showcase the varied positions where the fusion of IT and accounting expertise is crucial for thriving in today's business environment.