Flexible Learning That Enhances Your Potential
Micro-credential certification in Introduction to Research Methods in Psychology SIQ4034 (DIPPSY)
This course aims to introduce the research methods used to develop knowledge in the field of psychology. It serves to familiarize the student with the format, mechanism of, and the presentation of research in Psychology. As well as some simple research designs qualitatively and quantitatively.
This programme is designed, delivered, assessed and awarded by SEGi University through the Africa Open Learning Platform.
- Introduction to the role of Research in Psychology
- Purpose of research
- Nature of research"
- The Basics of Research
- Problem statement
- Literature review and research gap
- Aims, Research Question, Hypotheses & Variable."
- Sampling and Recruitment of Participants
- Probability sampling
- Non-probability sampling"
- Ethics in Research
- Right of research participants
- Ethics in reporting research"
- Validity and Reliability
- Types of validity and reliability in research"
- Quantitative Research: Survey
- Types of survey
- Advantage and disadvantage of survey"
- Quantitative Research: Experiment
- Types of experiment
- Sampling types in experiment
- Characteristic of Experiment
- Research proposal:
- Structure and requirement "
- Qualitative Research: Interview & Observation
- Type of interview & observation
- Sampling method in observation"
- Research report:
- Result and data analysis -
Coursework - 60%
Exam - 40%
- Diploma in Psychology
Upon successful completion of this Diploma in Psychology programme and meeting the necessary entry requirements, students will be able to progress into the following programme(s):
- Bachelor of Psychology (Hons)
Human Resource Executive and Psychology Teaching Assistant