Flexible Learning That Enhances Your Potential
Micro-credential certification in Introduction to Counselling in Psychology (BEd)
Students will be introduced to the subfield of Counselling Psychology. This module will provide the students the opportunity to explore the major counselling models and the theoretical perspectives/knowledge under pinning each of them – such as humanistic, psychodynamic, cognitive behavioural and phenomenological. Students will also be able to familiarise themselves with processes within the model and their main forms of interventions.
This programme is designed, delivered, assessed and awarded by SEGi University through the Africa Open Learning Platform.
- What is Counselling?
- Counselling or Psychotherapy?
- Differemt Theoretical Approaches
- Integrating Theory and Practice
- The Role of the Counsellor
- The Counselling Relationship
- Research and Counselling
- Student Personnel services in Education
- Different types of Counselling / Helping situations
Coursework 1 - 40%
Coursework 2 - 20%
Quiz - 10%
Report - 30%
- Bachelor of Education (Honours)
- Master of Education by Research
- Master of Education by Coursework
School leavers who want to get a head start before joining an academic programme or a working adults who want to upskill or learn a specific skill; work with rapidly changing technology; and/or acquire specialised skills sought after by employers.