Flexible Learning That Enhances Your Potential
Micro-credential certification in History of Psychology SIQ4043 (DIPPSY)
This subject provides students with an overview of how psychology became an independent discipline as a scientific field. The subject addresses the contentions that had happened due to the diversity of fields in psychology. This diversity would help students to understand the current issues.
This programme is designed, delivered, assessed and awarded by SEGi University through the Africa Open Learning Platform.
Entry Requirements - No
Min. Age Requirement - 19 Years Old and Above
Language Proficiency - Yes
Numeracy Proficiency - No
Prerequisites - No
- Introduction: Past for Present.
- Psychological Foundations in Ancient Greece.
- From Rome Through the Middle Ages."
- The Reawakening of Intellectual Life.
- The Emergence of Modern Science.
- Sensationalism and Positivism: The French Traditions.
- Mental Passivity: The British Tradition.
- Mental Activity: The German Tradition.
- Competing Models of Psychology.
- The Founding of Modern Psychology.
- American Functionalism
- The Gestalt Movement.
- The Third Force Movement.
- Contemporary Trends: Neofunctionalism.
Coursework - 60%
Exam - 40%
- Diploma in Psychology
Upon successful completion of this Diploma in Psychology programme and meeting the necessary entry requirements, students will be able to progress into the following programme(s):
- Bachelor of Psychology (Hons)
Human Resource Executive and Psychology Teaching Assistant