Flexible Learning That Enhances Your Potential
Micro-credential certification in Family Counselling (BEd)
Working with families has become an integral part of the education field in today’s society, thus this module is designed to follow on from, and compliment the introductory to counselling module and address the issues and complexities in dealing with families. Reappraisal of basic counselling skills and core knowledge will be covered, together with a detailed examination of the key approaches or theories to counselling directed at families.
This programme is designed, delivered, assessed and awarded by SEGi University through the Africa Open Learning Platform.
- Introduction to Family Counselling
- Ethics, Consent, Counsellor Responsibilties and Historical Background
- Processes in Family Counselling
- The Psychodynamic Approach
- The Person-centred Approach
- The Cognitive Behavioural Approach
- Systems Theory
- Focus on specific problems
Coursework 1 - 40%
Coursework 2 - 20%
Quiz - 10%
Report - 30%
- Bachelor of Education (Honours)
- Master of Education by Research
- Master of Education by Coursework
School leavers who want to get a head start before joining an academic programme or a working adults who want to upskill or learn a specific skill; work with rapidly changing technology; and/or acquire specialised skills sought after by employers.