Flexible Learning That Enhances Your Potential
Micro-credential certification in Ethics and Professionalism in Teaching (BEd)
This course presents an overview of the ethics and profesionalism in teaching. Various issues and challenges concerning the role of teachers in contemporary society are also discussed. Focus is also given to the relationship between educational theory and how it translates into professional practice. Students are expected to conduct readings on assigned topics for class discussions and generate critical questions regarding the ethics and role of a teacher.
This programme is designed, delivered, assessed and awarded by SEGi University through the Africa Open Learning Platform.
- Education and Professionalism
- Teaching and Professionalism
- Teacher as a Moral Agent
- Ethical Dillemmas in Education
- Professional Conduct of the Educator
- Ethical Issues
- Educational issues
- Ethics and Cultural Diversity and Implications for Classroom Pratice
- Ethics and Children
- Ethics and Punishment
- Punishments and Challenging Behaviour
Group Report - 20%
Group Project & Presentaion - 40%
Take-home Assignment - 40%
- Bachelor of Education (Honours)
- Master of Education by Research
- Master of Education by Coursework
School leavers who want to get a head start before joining an academic programme or a working adults who want to upskill or learn a specific skill; work with rapidly changing technology; and/or acquire specialised skills sought after by employers.