Flexible Learning That Enhances Your Potential
Micro-credential certification in Creativity for Young Children (DECE)
This course recognizes creativity as an important component in the early childhood curriculum; critical to the holistic of a child. Students will explore approaches, materials, strategies and techniques for working with children between 0-6 years old in creative arts so as to enhance children’s knowledge of, skills in, and appreciation of these creative art forms.
This programme is designed, delivered, assessed and awarded by SEGi University through the Africa Open Learning Platform.
- Entry Requirements - No
- Age Experience - 19 Years Above
- Language Proficiency - Yes
- Numeracy Proficiency - No
- Prerequisites - No
- Fostering creativity and aesthetics
- Benefits and impact of creative arts experiences
- Theories, models and approaches
- Visual arts - the components & techniques
- The creative environment - the visual arts corner
- Performing arts - the components & techniques
- The creative educator
Coursework 1 - 30%
Coursework 2 - 30%
Report - 40%
Upon successful completion of this Micro-credential certification in Creativity for Young Children (DECE), students will be able to transfer grades and credits into the following programme(s):
- Diploma in Early Childhood Education
- Bachelor of Education (Honours)
School leavers who want to get a head start before joining an academic programme or a working adults who want to upskill or learn a specific skill; work with rapidly changing technology; and/or acquire specialised skills sought after by employers.