Flexible Learning That Enhances Your Potential
Micro-credential certification in Child & Adolescent Counselling (BEd)
The module is designed to provide a professional foundation in counselling theory and practice relevant to counselling children and adolescents. It provides students with the opportunity to develop their theoretical view of counselling, and to practice basic counselling skills pertinent to the educational setting.
This programme is designed, delivered, assessed and awarded by SEGi University through the Africa Open Learning Platform.
- Introduction to Child and Adolescent Counselling
- Developmental Issues
- Ethics and Issues in Child and Adolescent Counselling
- The Person Centred Approach
- The Cognitive Behavioural Approach
- Main Concepts and Counselling Skills of Child Counselling
- The Role of Play and Specific Activities in Child Counselling
- Adolescent Counselling
- Use of Technology in Counseling Children & Adolescents
Coursework 1 - 40%
Coursework 2 - 20%
Quiz - 10%
Report - 30%
- Bachelor of Education (Honours)
- Master of Education by Research
- Master of Education by Coursework
School leavers who want to get a head start before joining an academic programme or a working adults who want to upskill or learn a specific skill; work with rapidly changing technology; and/or acquire specialised skills sought after by employers.