Flexible Learning That Enhances Your Potential
Micro-credential certification in Audit and Assurance Service 1 FIN4054 (BAF)
This programme serves as an introductory course in auditing, designed to acquaint students with fundamental auditing concepts and principles. It also delves into the vital aspects of the profession, including the roles, ethical considerations, and responsibilities of public accountants, as well as the pertinent rules and regulations governing auditing practices. Furthermore, it provides insights into the preparation of audit drafts and the art of reporting.
Within the scope of this programme, special emphasis is placed on key topics, such as the auditing concept, the audit process, strategic planning, the acquisition of evidence, meticulous documentation, and the formulation of comprehensive audit reports.
This programme is designed, delivered, assessed and awarded by SEGi University through the Africa Open Learning Platform.
Entry Requirements - No
Min. Age Requirement - 19 Years Old and Above
Language Proficiency - Yes
Numeracy Proficiency - No
Prerequisites - No
- Overview Of Financial Statement Auditing Framework
- Legal And Professional Conduct & Ethics
- Audit Committees
- Initial Engagement And Audit Planning
- Internal Audit And Other Assurance Engagements
- Understanding Internal Control, Evaluation Of Control Risk Assessment, Tests Of Controls
- Audit Evidence And Procedures
- Audit Sampling
- Auditing The Revenue & Receivable Cycle
- Auditing The Purchase, Payables, And Expenditure Cycle
- Reporting And Communications
Assignment 1 - 20%
Assignment 2 - 30%
Final Exam - 50%
- Bachelor of Accounting & Finance
Upon successful completion of this Bachelor of Accounting & Finance programme and meeting the necessary entry requirements, students will be able to progress into the following programme(s):
- Master of Financial Planning
- Master of Accountancy
- Master of Business Administration (Global Business)
- Master of Business Administration (General Management)
Student will able to understand the nature of assurance services and the importance of audit the financial statement. It will enhance the knowledge about the company control system.