Flexible Learning That Enhances Your Potential
Micro-credential certification in Assistive Technology in Inclusive and Special Education (MEd (Coursework)) **
This subject allows students to be aware of the applications of assistive technology for individuals with disabilities as it relates to teaching and learning. An emphasis is on the various educational technology strategies, planning technology use, assistive technology in the classroom, as well as their benefits and limitations, is discussed.
** indicates that these programmes will be offered at the end of 2023
This programme is designed, delivered, assessed and awarded by SEGi University through the Africa Open Learning Platform.
Entry Requirements - No
Age Experience - 23 Years Above
Language Proficiency - Yes
Numeracy Proficiency - No
Prerequisites - No
- Identify effective methods and procedures for implementing augmentative and alternative communication and the outcomes associated with these methods
- Engage in innovative use of technological tools to support inclusion and transform learning.
- Master of Education (Coursework)
Upon successful completion of this Master of Education (Coursework) programme and meeting the necessary entry requirements, students will be able to progress into the following programme(s):
- Doctor of Philosophy (Education)
- Assistive Technology Product Developer
- Assistive Technology Specialist
- Inclusive education Consultant
- Instructional Coordinator
- Special Education Advocate