Flexible Learning That Enhances Your Potential
Micro-credential certification in Assessment & Evaluation in Education (BEd)
Assessment and evaluation are integral parts of effective teaching and learning. Prospective educators should demonstrate a sound understanding of the principles and practices of quality authentic assessment and relate this understanding to promoting learning across contexts. Educators also need to consider assessment design and purpose as they attempt to enhance student positive learning outcomes and cater to the needs of key stakeholders.
This programme is designed, delivered, assessed and awarded by SEGi University through the Africa Open Learning Platform.
- Principles guiding assessment and evaluation
- Assessment Methods
- Role of Formal Assessment and Evaluation
- Role of Informal Assessment and Evaluation
- Designing and Developing Assessment
- Statistics in Assessment and Interpretation
- Item Analysis
- Grading, Feedback and Reporting Assessment Results
- Ethical Issues
- Critical Reflection
Coursework 1 - 20%
Coursework 2 -40%
Quiz - 10%
Report - 30%
- Bachelor of Education (Honours)
- Master of Education by Research
- Master of Education by Coursework
School leavers who want to get a head start before joining an academic programme or a working adults who want to upskill or learn a specific skill; work with rapidly changing technology; and/or acquire specialised skills sought after by employers.