Flexible Learning That Enhances Your Potential
Micro-credential certification in Assessment and Evaluation for Special and Inclusive Education (BEd)
Assessment and evaluation are integral parts of effective teaching and learning in special education. Students need to have knowledge of the basic concepts of assessment, assessment process and procedures that are utilised in data-based decision making and program planning for learners with disabilities in an academic or functional curriculum.
This programme is designed, delivered, assessed and awarded by SEGi University through the Africa Open Learning Platform.
- Introduction of assessment and evaluation
- Core Skills for Teachers in Special Education
- Types of Assessment
- Statistical Concepts in Assessment
- Assessment of Learners with Learning Disabilities
- Assessment of Learners with Intellectual Disabilities
- Assessment of Learners with Behavior and Emotional Disabilities
- Assessment of Learners with Sensory Disabilities
- Assessment of Learners with Autism Spectrum Disorders
- Report Writing
- Ethical Considerations in Assessment
Coursework 1 - 20%
Coursework 2 - 40%
Quiz - 10%
Report - 30%
- Bachelor of Education (Honours)
- Master of Education by Research
- Master of Education by Coursework
School leavers who want to get a head start before joining an academic programme or a working adults who want to upskill or learn a specific skill; work with rapidly changing technology; and/or acquire specialised skills sought after by employers.