Flexible Learning That Enhances Your Potential
Micro-credential certification in Advanced Financial Planning FIN6713 (MFP) **
This programme aims to introduce students to the responsibilities of a corporate financial manager. Coverage includes the evaluation of investment and financing alternatives, working capital management, and determining capital structure and dividend policy.
Emphasis is placed on the analytical aspects of the decision-making process to enable students to form their own judgment in the dynamic business world.
Note: Subject relates to Master In Financial Planning
** indicates that these programmes will be offered at the end of 2023
This programme is designed, delivered, assessed and awarded by SEGi University through the Africa Open Learning Platform.
Entry Requirements - No
Age - 23 Years Above
Experience - No
Language Proficiency - Yes
Numeracy Proficiency - No
Prerequisites - No
Others - No
- Role and Responsibility Towards Stakeholders
- Fundamental concepts of Financial Management and the Financial Environment, Time Value of Money, Financial Statements, Cash Flow and Taxes
- Economic Environment for Multinational Organisations
- Types of Multinational Organisations, Types of Securities, Portfolio, Applications of Corporate Finance
- Advanced Investment Appraisal
- Bonds, Bond Valuation, Interest Rates, Risk, Return and Capital Asset Pricing Model, Portfolio Theory, Stock, Stock Valuation
- Acquisitions and Mergers
- Capital Structure, Theory of Perfect Capital Structure, Debt, Equity, Option Theory, Capital Decision Structure, Mergers and Demergers
- Corporate Reconstruction and Re-Organisation
- Restructuring, Managing Cash Flows, Managing Working Capital, Managing Financial Risks
- Treasury and Advanced Risk Management Techniques
- Returning Cash to Shareholders, Distribution in Practice: Dividends and Share Buy Backs, Share Issues.
- Emerging Issues in Finance and Financial Management
- Working Capital Management, Derivatives and Risk Management, Bankcruptcy, Reorganization, Liquidation, Multinational Financial Management
Written assignment - 40%
Project paper - 60%