Flexible Learning That Enhances Your Potential
Diploma in Early Childhood Education with added award of HEI Schools Teacher Diploma **
The Diploma in Early Childhood Education is aimed at preparing learners to meet the demands and challenges of the teaching profession at childcare centres and pre-schools for both public and private sectors. It is structured to enable graduates to acquire competencies in identifying the teaching and learning approaches for young children, and to be reflectively and professionally engaged in teaching-learning processes and experiences, curriculum planning, and aspects of management.
Embedded within the programme are the ten modules from the HEI Schoold Teacher Diploma which provides learners with an understanding of the world famous Finnish play-based pedagogy. HEI Schools was co-founded by the University of Helsinki, Finland together with educational experts to address the increasing global demand for high quality early childhood edcuaton. Learners who successfully complete the HEI Schools Teacher Diploma assessments qualify with two Diplomas in early childhood.
** indicates that these programmes will be offered at the end of 2023
This programme is designed, delivered, assessed and awarded by SEGi University through the Africa Open Learning Platform.
- Effective Play and Learning Spaces for Young Children
- Understanding the Child's Growth & Development
- Physical Education and Health Care for Young Children
- Academic English
- Inclusion, Diversity & Special Needs in Early Childhood
- Observation and Assessment in Early Childhood
- Curriculum Planning and Development for Young Children
- Creativity for Young Children
- Applied Digital Skills
- Safety & Well-being of Young Children
- Global Citizenship for Young Children
- Language and Literacy for Young Children
- Positive Child Guidance
- Science, Technology and Mathematics for Young Children
- Spritual & Moral Values for Young Children
- An Introduction to Montessori Pedagogy
- Administration and Management in Early Childhood
- Partnering with Families & Community
- Professionalism in Early Childhood
- Practicum 1
- Practicum 2
Upon successful completion of this Diploma in Early Childhood Education With Added Award of HEI Schools Teacher Diploma programme and meeting the necessary entry requirements, students will be able to progress into the following programme(s):
- Bachelor of Education (Hons)
As graduates, you may look forward to a fulfilling career in the following early childhood-related fields such as teaching, ownership or management of a childcare or nursery, pre-school management consultancy, employment within international schools.